There are so many ways available to install kodi on firestick. Firestick also comes with regular updates. It is very easier to update Kodi on firestick. The developers of Kodi often releases the new updates for the app at an average rate of once every two months since February 2017. There are so many releases, it is very hard to keep your Kodi app up to date.
If you’re using Kodi app on your Amazon Fire stick, how do you perform the upgrade? If you can’t find Kodi in the Fire Stick’s app store, you need to upgrade it manually. Now let us see the methods for how to update Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick.
How to Update Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick
Method 1: Steps to update Kodi on Fire Stick
If you want to update your version of Kodi to the latest version, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- First, you have to download the app called Downloader from the Amazon App store.
- Now you have to long-press on the Home button.
- Now you can launch the Downloader.
- In the box, you have to enter the URL of the website which you want to load or the file that you want to download. You can enter the URL as “https://kodi.tv/download” and then select Go.
- Now you have to use the remote to select Android.
- Now you have to choose either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Kodi. The first-generation Fire sticks have only using the 32-bit CPUs. But, the new version of Fire sticks are always supporting the 64-bit CPUs.
- Now you have to choose the latest release version of the Kodi app.
- After selecting the latest release version of the Kodi app, you have to wait seconds for the APK file to download.
- After completing the download process, the Downloader will automatically attempt to install it.
- Now you have to click on the Install option displayed in the on-screen pop-up to start the installation process.
- Now, you can see the latest version of Kodi which is currently running on your Amazon Fire Stick. After that, all of your contents and settings should have been retrieved.
Method 2: Steps to Update Kodi on Fire Stick
1. First, you have to go to the home screen of your fire stick.
2. Now, you have to enable ADB debugging in your system/settings option.
3. After completing the above process, Navigate to your home screen and find the downloader to bring up the downloader app.
4. Now you have to select the app/games which is present in the search list and then click on it. So that it can be start downloaded and then installed automatically.
5. After completing the download and install process, you have to open the downloader app and then enter the following address in the URL field “https://bit.yl/kodi173arm” and then download it.
6. Now the downloader app will open the file and then start the download process automatically. If it doesn’t start the download process automatically, you have to click on the “Open File“.
7. After completing the download process, you have to click on the Install option.
8. Once you have completed all the above process, you have to open the Kodi app on your Fire Stick.